- About the Program
- Join the Program
- Our Subscription Program
- Workshops & Training
- Learn more
Our Subscription Program
Subscribe to the Kitchen Garden Program!
The Stephanie Alexander Kitchen Garden Program is forging a wholesome, happy future for Australian children. Our Subscription Program provides access to valuable resources that will help you become a part of that same movement in your own community, wherever you are.
The Subscription Program enables schools, organisations and individuals to create their own version of the successful Kitchen Garden Program and draw on the knowledge and expertise gained by the Kitchen Garden Foundation over many years of intensive practice.
Subscribers have access to an extensive range of information and resources, including:
- The Kitchen Garden Program Implementation Manual - the primary resource for Kitchen Garden Schools. The Implementation Manual is a 200+ page set-up 'bible' that covers planning and budgeting, designing and building the garden and kitchen, funding and sponsorship, staff and volunteer recruitment, as well as the nuts and bolts of running kitchen and garden classes. View some sample pages.
- Access to the Kitchen Garden Program's Shared Table - an online community space where Subscribers can view school activities, participate in online discussions and search our Resource Library, which contains lesson plans, recipes, cooking tips, planting guides and a vast range of other learning tools and information.
- Contact our Support Line (13000 72 543) to discuss customised training for Subscribers (based on demand within your region).
- Subscribers receive a discounted rates to attend Public Workshops in Melbourne, in addition to resources such as the Tools for Teachers curriculum series.
Primary schools, pre-schools, high schools, community centres and co-ops are now enjoying the many benefits of the Subscription Program, joining a growing network of food enthusiasts and educators from across Australia and beyond.
The Subscription Program has been designed to help you:
- Use tried and tested resources to create a flourishing food garden and productive teaching kitchen.
- Create a holistic and meaningful food education program, that integrates with school curriculum and supports effective learning outcomes.
- Conduct safe and engaging learning activities in garden and kitchen settings that deliver educational, social and health benefits.
- Implement sustainable practices in gardens and kitchens and explore a hands-on education in sustainability.
- Discover new ways to develop and improve your school, organisation or community.
- Experience the joy of growing, harvesting, preparing and sharing fresh food.
- Excite people, especially children, about good food.
Every Program Subscriber supports the work of the internationally-acclaimed Kitchen Garden Foundation, which is leading the pleasurable food education revolution and transforming the values, attitudes and practices of educators, families and children.
Subscribe now and bring the benefits of pleasurable food education to your school, organisation or family!