Spend Mother’s Day enjoying fresh food and the outdoors with these great gift and activity ideas from the Stephanie Alexander Kitchen Garden Foundation.
What better way to enjoy the company of someone you love than by spending time together whipping up a delicious meal or getting your hands dirty in the garden.
To help you celebrate Mother’s Day, we’ve compiled a collection of limited edition gift ideas, plus some simple, free activities.
Limited edition gift ideas for Mother’s Day
The Foundation has created a selection of limited edition Mother’s Day gift packs designed to spoil your special person with goodies for the kitchen and garden. Shop online before Tuesday 9 May.
- Cooking with Mum for $70: a signed copy of Stephanie Alexander’s brand new cookbook Kitchen Garden Companion: Cooking, a durable black poly-cotton apron and an Artisan Series microplane.
- Gardening with Mum for $60: a signed copy of Stephanie Alexander’s book Kitchen Garden Companion: Growing, a planting chart and a Ryset gardening tool.
- Preserving with Mum for $50: a copy of Fowlers Vacola’s What’s old is new again and a durable black poly-cotton apron.
Free recipe and garden activity for Mother’s Day
Looking for something different to do on the day? Why not get your hands dirty together in the kitchen and garden.
- Okonomiyaki – these Japanese pancakes offer a healthy twist on the traditional Mother’s Day breakfast. Use produce fresh from the garden to create a delicious brunch dish fit for a queen.
- Leaf-rubbing – this fun, hands-on activity is easy and ideal for children and mothers of all ages. The result is a beautiful artwork fit for framing.
To download these resources, head to the Foundation’s website homepage and scroll down. Click on the resource you’re looking for, and scroll down again to the bottom of the window for the link to a downloadable PDF.
< Back to Latest News