Paul Bangay's Stonefields Open Garden Weekend
Enjoy a luxurious weekend on 16 & 17 April 2016 exploring the private property of Australia’s most renowned landscape designer, Paul Bangay, open for the first time in all its autumnal glory.
This is a very special fundraiser for the not-for-profit Stephanie Alexander Kitchen Garden Foundation.
Previous visitors will get a first-hand look at the growth of the garden and new additions made since 2013. New visitors can look forward to a day of indulging in Paul's incredible private garden, rarely open to the public. Expect 4.6 acres of enchanting elegance, delightful detail and just a touch of wicked whimsy, all working in perfect harmony through Paul’s extraordinary vision. This is an experience like no other. Once your exploring is done, relax on the lawn overlooking the extensive property and glorious views while enjoying beautiful local food, wine and coffee.
- Plenty of food, including Plains Paddock Lamb koftas and falafels; Calendar Cheese platters; Ice Cream Social seasonal flavours; and Annie Smithers gourmet lunch boxes (limited number available to pre-order)
- De Bortoli wine; Daylesford & Hepburn Mineral Springs Co. water and soft drinks; local coffee
- Paul Bangay and Stephanie Alexander books (which can be personally signed on the spot)
- A popular on-site raffle with almost $5000 worth of top food and gardening products and services
- Rare and exotic plants from local nurseries
- A chance to meet Paul and Stephanie, and learn about pleasurable food education from the Kitchen Garden Foundation team
- Seeing some local Kitchen Garden Program schools in action
- A bit of music, a lovely day for all!
- A shuttle bus will be making round trips from Kyneton train station to Stonefields at a flat rate of $10 per person return - with priority given to those who purchase tickets beforehand
- Malmsbury Landcare will be operating the onsite car park, with a gold coin donation per vehicle to support their work
- Children aged 12 and under attend for free!
- This is an all-weather event; tickets are not refundable and we advise keeping a close eye on the weather forecast to ensure you are appropriately attired
- Stonefields is not wheel-friendly
- Tickets are $25 pre-event (online), $30 on the event weekend
- At the gate, cash or credit card only, eftpos is unavailable
- Children 12 years and under free
- Dogs are not permitted
Stonefields is located halfway between Kyneton and Daylesford at 20 Belty Drive, Denver.
This event is run solely by and for the not-for-profit Stephanie Alexander Kitchen Garden Foundation and all proceeds from this event support the Foundation’s work in bringing pleasurable food education to children.
Are you interested in volunteering? Find out how you can get involved and help make this day a huge success!