Events and training
- The Stephanie Alexander Kitchen Garden Foundation (SAKGF) accepts fees for events/training in order to cover costs and further the work of the Foundation, not for a profit.
- All payments for events/training are to be received on registration, or in the case of Kitchen Garden Program Schools, at least ten days before the event/training commences.
- If payment of an event/training fee has not been received within the stated period, a registration may be cancelled. The registrant will be notified prior to this occurring.
- All registrations are deemed to have been placed by an appropriate, approved representative of an individual or organisation.
- Cancellations are subject to the terms and conditions outlined below.
- SAKGF understands that there are occasions when bookings for events/training need to be cancelled. We reserve the right to charge 50% of the full fee if less than five business days notice of cancellation is given. If you cancel less than two business days before the commencement of the event/training, or do not attend, you will be charged the full fee. This ensures that we are able to cover any fees or losses incurred for venue hire, equipment, materials and catering based on confirmed numbers.
- We are happy to accommodate a replacement participant, at no additional charge, when given at least two business days notice.
- Full refunds are only provided if the registrant provides more than five days notice or a medical certificate for the date in question.
- There may be times when the number of registrants does not cover the costs of providing an event/training session. SAKGF reserves the right to cancel events/training at its discretion and undertakes to give notice to registrants at least five days prior to the date in question.
- Fees will not be refunded or allocated to another event/training session if a registrant fails to attend.
- Those who register for an event/training waiting list will be contacted only if a place becomes available. No priority will be given to particular individuals.
- SAKGF makes every effort to cater to individual dietary restrictions and food intolerances. However, catering is consumed at the participant’s own risk.
Transport and accommodation
- SAKGF provides transport to and from events/training in a small number of selected instances only. Transport and/or accommodation cannot be provided on request from registrants. Registrants are responsible for their own transport to and from events/training, and their own accommodation should it be required.
Access, safety and equity
- SAKGF events/training are conducted at premises deemed safe and accessible by the Foundation. However, events/training are attended at the participant’s own risk.
- Registrants are encouraged to notify SAKGF of any disability or medical condition that might impact on their experience of an event/training session. SAKGF makes every effort to provide accessible and equitable events/training that are open to everyone.
- All content provided is copyright protected and owned by the Stephanie Alexander Kitchen Garden Foundation unless otherwise stated. This includes, but is not limited to, all text, images, graphics, audio commentary, visual presentations and any event/training-related files.
- Event/training material provided may not be copied, reproduced or distributed in any form without prior written consent.
- All material provided and presented during events/training is for the sole use of the participating individual and/or organisation.
- You are entitled to a refund, exchange or credit if the product you have purchased from SAKGF is: faulty; significantly different to that shown or described to you; or unfit for the purpose for which it was intended.
- Please choose carefully. We do not automatically refund if you change your mind.
- You may be offered an exchange if you have simply selected the wrong item, provided the item is in re-saleable condition; that is, in its original packaging and unused.
- Returns for refund or exchange will only be accepted within seven days of your receipt of the goods.
- Return postage is at the customer’s expense unless the product purchased is defective.
- All returns should be sent to SAKGF, PO Box 104, Abbotsford, VIC, 3067 with a brief explanation.
Credit card transactions
Information provided to us for credit card transactions is not sold or distributed to third parties. Credit card payments are processed through Westpac with secure payment, using 128-bit SSL encryption. The information is collected solely for Westpac to securely process the order and is not retained or used by SAKGF for any other purpose.
General statement of principles
SAKGF may gather personal information through this website if the information is necessary for our functions and activities. We collect personal information for the purposes of:
- providing you with the products and services you request
- responding to any inquiries or comments that you submit to us
- our marketing activities including, without limitation, communication with you by telephone, email and post
- our internal management needs
- any other purpose you have consented to.
The personal information we collect is strictly for our use and is not shared with any other entity, unless with your consent or as required or authorised in accordance with the law. We will not sell or give away any lists or other data that we may collect.
You may request access to the personal information we hold about you.