Westgarth Primary School - Garden Specialist position
Contract position 29/01/2019 to 27/01/2020 (35 hrs per fortnight)
The responsibilities of this position will be to:
- Liaise with Kitchen Specialist on a weekly basis to co-ordinate harvesting and menu-planning activities
- Liaise with Kitchen Specialist to explore ways to integrate learning in the garden with learning in the kitchen
- Facilitate classes with the aid of the classroom teacher assisting with student supervision, management of students and guiding small groups as they participate in the gardening program
- Be resourceful about obtaining necessary equipment: seek donations where possible.
- Liaise with the wider community.
- Coordinate and support volunteers, compile and update volunteer information, advertise for volunteers, respond to interest from potential volunteers
This position is a rotating fortnight in the Garden.
Week 1: Wednesday, Thursday, Friday
Week 2: Monday, Tuesday
Total Hours per fortnight: 35
Applications close Wednesday December 2nd
To be considered for the position applicants must apply through