Healthy Kids Advisors Initiative
The Stephanie Alexander Kitchen Garden Foundation is delighted to be leading the Healthy Kids Advisors initiative on behalf of the Victorian Government.
The Foundation has over 20 years of experience delivering the Kitchen Garden Program and co-creating food education experiences that foster long-term engagement and sustainable change in school settings. We are excited to see a similar approach used outside of the school gate to benefit the whole community.
Healthy Kids Advisors lean on the Foundation’s pleasurable food education philosophy to support each community’s unique healthy eating goals and encourage participation in the state-wide Vic Kids Eat Well movement.
Our dedicated workforce of local Healthy Kids Advisors are active in 13 Victorian communities:
Each Advisor is based locally and understands their community. They bring people together to boost healthy, fresh and delicious food and drink options in the places where families gather:
- outside school hours care
- sports clubs, and
- community or council operated facilities.
Healthy Kids Advisors will connect these schools and organisations to existing community resources, local opportunities and offer free, tailored guidance on reaching their unique healthy food and drink goals.
Along the way, they will guide these organisations through the Vic Kids Eat Well movement, providing hands-on support to take simple, achievable steps and healthy swaps that make a big impact. Vic Kids Eat Well is supported by the Victorian Government and delivered by Cancer Council Victoria’s Achievement Program, and Nutrition Australia’s Healthy Eating Advisory Service.
Connect with a Healthy Kids Advisor
Take a step towards strengthening your community. Connect with your Healthy Kids Advisor and positively impact on the health and wellbeing of local children and young people.
- Suberia Sailor — Buloke Shire
- Ciel Lindley — Central Goldfields
- Rebecca Fry — City of Greater Bendigo
- Lesley Hendy — Colac Otway Shire
- Kristina Stafford — East Gippsland
- Jane Killmister — Glenelg Shire
- Belinda Nowakowski — City of Greater Dandenong
- Katie Thorp — City of Greater Shepparton
- Christie McIntosh — City of Hume
- Maryann Barsoum — City of Melton
- Tara Martin — Mildura
- Lauren Dempsey — Northern Grampians
- Monique Sobey — Southern Grampians
Want more information?
Read the FAQs, visit the Healthy Kids Advisors news page or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Header photo courtesy Calai Creative.