St Joseph's School
PH: 03 9772 8251
Fax: 03 97721265
St Joseph's School in Chelsea began over 80 years ago, with the motto 'Always Faithful'. Situated close to the beach it began as a 'Church school' staffed by lay teachers, one of whom later became a Brigidine Sister and was appointed the first principal of St Joseph's. The school was administered by the Brigidine Sisters until 1935 and then by the Sisters of St Joseph until 1986 when the school became totally lay staffed. The school has a strong commitment to the core values established in those formation years aimed at developing the spiritual, intellectual, social, emotional and physical capacities of each child. The present population of about 330 students is accommodated comfortably in this environment. Recent refurbishments include a new administration wing, upgrades to all classrooms, a new library and a new multi-purpose area. The school has programs focusing on the development of literacy skills, numeracy, the Arts and catering for the individual needs of the children. The Parents and Friends Association acts as a social arm of the school, supporting classroom programs and managing fundraising.
Want to get involved?
This school currently has the following opportunities available:
Kitchen Garden volunteering
Contact the school for more information