St Michael's Primary School
PH: 02 6071 2386
Fax: 02 60712880
St. Michael's Primary School, Tallangatta was built in 1957 after the township of Tallangatta was moved to accommodate the building of the Hume Weir.The school was constructed at the same time as a new Church and Convent. The building of a Catholic school was the initiative of Fr. George Sait, who invited the Sisters of St. Joseph to staff the school. The School was officially opened in 1958. The School continued to be run by the Sisters of St. Joseph until 1981.
This long association with the Sisters of St. Joseph shaped the current motto: St. Michael’s Catholic school community follows the Josephite tradition of being a learning and supportive environment that challenges the landscapes of our hearts and minds. The original school buildings still remain as the main classrooms, with the addition of a foyer, administration office, staffroom and library in 1992. An original Parish meeting room was upgraded for use as the schools Multipurpose Room in 2007. A Contemporary Library was a welcome addition to the school in 2010 as part of the Federal Government- Building the Education Revolution, through this project the student amenities were also replaced and upgraded. The school is built on the St. Michael’s Parish grounds and includes a football oval, an adjacent paddock that is leased out by the school and the students have access to four tennis courts.
St. Michael's has three full time teaching staff in three classes - F/1/2, 3/4 & 5/6. We have a full time Principal who teaches students for The Arts, Indonesian and Stephanie Alexander Kitchen Garden Program, one dedicated Learning Support Officer and a Administration Officer.
Want to get involved?
This school currently has the following opportunities available:
Kitchen Garden volunteering
Contact the school for more information