The Stephanie Alexander Kitchen Garden Foundation is excited to announce a brand new pleasurable food education package available to primary schools, secondary school and early years learning centres across Australia.
IGA retailers around the country are joining forces with the Foundation to help children in their community dig into the joys of growing, harvesting, preparing and sharing fresh, seasonal delicious food.
Through the IGA Kitchen Garden Package, IGA retailers are committing community chest financial assistance that helps local schools and centres enjoy a tailored package of professional development, educational resources and support.
The package is designed to give schools and centres all the tools they need to start a kitchen garden program. Valued at more than $1200, the IGA Kitchen Garden Package includes:
- 2-year Kitchen Garden Classroom membership.
- 1 spot in a face-to-face training session.
- 1 participant registration in the Getting Started online training course.
- 1 copy of the Getting Started: An Educator’s Guide to Establishing a Kitchen Garden Program print book.
- Sector-specific pack (resources tailored to your educational sector).
It takes a community to change a community.
This package is the ideal opportunity for local schools and centres to partner with a local IGA retailer to help children form positive food habits for life.
Want to find out more? Here’s what you can do:
- Contact your local IGA retailer and ask them about this new initiative today.
- Download this information pack.
- Contact the Foundation’s Support Line at email@example.com or 13000 SAKGF (13000 72543).
Watch how Calare Public School and Ashcroft's SUPA IGA in Orange, NSW, are working together to provide pleasurable food education in the video below.
< Back to Latest News