The Stephanie Alexander Kitchen Garden Program for Secondary Years is a hands-on learning program that provides curriculum integration and focuses on student wellbeing, collaboration and leadership.
"I have learnt so much from this experience and I really think it should be in all secondary schools. These are vital skills we all need to learn." – Year 9 student
Whether delivered as part of a mandatory Design and Technology program, as a Food Technology elective or whole-school initiatives around wellbeing or environmental sustainability, the Program is adaptable to any secondary school setting.
Find out more by talking with our Support Team on 13000 SAKGF (13000 72543) or firstname.lastname@example.org
What is a Kitchen Garden membership?
By joining the Kitchen Garden Program, schools and educators are provided with a comprehensive package of resources, mentoring, support and professional development to establish and grow their own unique kitchen garden.
See below for the full list of membership options and offerings.
Schools can use the Kitchen Garden Program for Secondary Years to achieve an array of health, wellbeing, learning and community engagement objectives, equipping students for post-school success.
"The authenticity and engagement the program has brought to our college’s food technology, VET Horticulture and Hospitality and science classes has been immense. Secondary school students thrive when they are learning in real world environments and this program provides this in bucket loads." – Pilot program principal, 2020
As well as instilling positive food habits in students through growing, harvesting, preparing and sharing fresh produce, a kitchen garden program offers:
- curriculum-based learning reinforced by real-life contexts and meaningful experiences
- increased student wellbeing through enjoyable, hands-on experiences where students play to their strengths, build resilience, flex their creativity and work collectively
- personal and social development – a setting where students develop and enhance positive self-esteem, leadership, collaboration and problem-solving skills, and cultural awareness
- student engagement is enhanced through relevant hands-on, sensory experiences
- opportunities for physical activity and time outdoors, greater connection with nature and an understanding of sustainability
- work pathways and employability skills gained through hands-on experiences and enhanced soft skills.
Our membership options offer up all the ingredients to create a delicious, fun and rewarding learning experience. Program Membership offers the full suite of tools, mentoring and expert guidance to run a best-practice Kitchen Garden Program, while Classroom Membership is flexible and adaptable to any school or service.
Kitchen Garden Classroom Member
Kitchen Garden Program Member
Total value: $2283
12-month renewal: $165
2-year renewal: $297
12-month renewal: $275
For more information or to talk through program options (and for year-round membership support), contact our Support Team of kitchen garden specialists on 13000 SAKGF (13000 72543) or email@example.com