Beaconsfield Children's Hub Panorama Estate
PH: 03 9769 3333
Beaconsfield Children's Hub believe that children's interactions in the natural environment are important
Features in our outdoor area that enable children to explore and experience the natural environment are:
• Gardens where children can grow their own plants.
• Sandpits for sensory, symbolic and physical play.
• Digging patches where children can use garden equipment.
• A range of planting to encourage a variety of modes of play
such as playing with gum nuts, small branches, flowers,
stones and bark.
• Small pits of pebbles, gravel, course sand and smooth river
rocks for fine motor and imaginative play.
• Plants for picking and eating.
• Plants that encourages birds, butterflies and other insects
• Trees which provide shade.
• Worm farms and compost areas for environmental education
• Water play areas for sensory play.
Want to get involved?
This school currently has the following opportunities available:
Kitchen Garden volunteering
Contact the school for more information