Have you always wanted to start a kitchen garden program at your early years learning centre, primary or secondary school, but not known where to start?
Over the years the Kitchen Garden Foundation team has collaborated with hundreds of schools and centres in getting their kitchen garden programs off the ground. Now we have gathered all the best hints, tips and expert advice that we’ve given (and received!) on those important first steps, and compiled it into a new first-of-its-kind resource.
Getting Started: An Educator’s Guide to Establishing a Kitchen Garden Program has all the information educators need to establish their own unique kitchen garden program and to deliver really successful, enagaging pleasurable food education.
The book is an essential resource for anyone looking to start a kitchen garden program, from educators in the early years, primary and secondary sectors, to home school educators, outside school hours care (OSHC) programs, family day care and health and community workers.
Each chapter breaks down the key steps in establishing a successful kitchen garden program:
- How to set up a garden and kitchen
- How to develop and deliver garden and kitchen classes, including simple garden activities and easy-to-follow, adaptable recipes
- Links to the learning outcomes in the Early Years Learning Framework and Australian Curriculum learning areas
- Advice on fostering community engagement, including fundraising and engaging volunteers.
The comprehensive guide features simple language and inspiring images that show practical, real-life examples of how you can start small, work with what you have, and get started on your kitchen garden journey.
What are you waiting for? Grab your copy of the new book now and dig straight into pleasurable food education at your school or centre!
- Download a sample of Getting Started: An Educator's Guide to Establishing a Kitchen Garden Program.
- Purchase Getting Started: An Educator's Guide to Establishing a Kitchen Garden Program in our online shop.
- Victorian schools and centres receive Getting Started: An Educator's Guide to Establishing a Kitchen Garden Program when they sign up to the new Victorian Pleasurable Food Education Package.
Kitchen Garden Program Schools and Kitchen Garden Classroom members are eligible for a 10% discount – simply visit the Shared Table to access your discount code or learn how you can join the Kitchen Garden Classroom.
Any questions? Contact the Support Team on email@example.com or 13000 SAKGF (13000 72543).
The Foundation warmly thanks our Principal Partner, Medibank, for providing the support that has made this publication possible. Read more about this unique Australian partnership.
< Back to Latest News