This January, we are delighted to announce a special Early Years Summer Membership Offer – exclusively for early years educators throughout Australia.
Everybody knows that young children love to be mixing, rolling, cutting, picking, digging and watering. Pleasurable food education provides the opportunity to do just that through hands-on kitchen and garden activities.
In a kitchen garden program, children also learn:
- positive food habits that last a lifetime
- numeracy and literacy skills, and about science, their environment, sustainability and different cultures
- life skills such as problem solving, teamwork and critical thinking
- to engage with the families and wider community supporting their service.
What is included in the Early Years Summer Membership Offer:
- Kitchen Garden Classroom membership for 2 years:
- Access to hundreds of recipes, information sheets, videos and templates to help you run a successful kitchen
- Connect to a vibrant online community of more than 7900 kitchen garden educators.
- Discounts on face-to-face training and customised professional development to suit your needs.
- Ongoing email and phone support from our friendly and professional team.
- Getting Started: A Guide to Establishing a Kitchen Garden Program (book).
- Seasonal Food & Gardening for the Early Years Book 1 and Book 2.
Keen for a taster?
Watch the video below to see the children at Marmion Avenue Community Childcare Centre in Carine, WA, learning to make alphabet grissini – just one of 32 activities and 30 recipes available in Seasonal Food & Gardening for the Early Years Book 2, the Foundation’s latest early years resource. Download a free sample, which includes recipes for cooking corn fritters and bok choy, plus activities for harvesting sunflower seeds, and more.
Read this news story on how Kitchen Garden Classroom members Yarrunga Early Learning Centre in East Albury, NSW, are helping babies as young as nine months old experience the joys of growing and preparing fresh, seasonal, delicious food.
Make a fresh start in 2018. Secure your Early Years Summer Membership Package today.
Any questions? Contact our friendly Support Team on 13000 SAKGF (13000 72543) or email@example.com.
< Back to Latest News