The Kitchen Garden Program for Early Childhood
Book into our information session designed specifically for Early Childhood. We will introduce you to how pleasurable food education can benefit your service and community, as well as show you the first steps in how you can deliver your own kitchen garden program.
Launched in 2020, the Kitchen Garden Program for Early Childhood has been developed in consultation with the early childhood community. The program promotes a whole-service, play-based approach to delivering pleasurable food education to young children. Pleasurable food education is a fun, hands-on approach to teaching children about fresh, seasonal, delicious food so they can form positive food habits for life.
“Children discover real-life, authentic experiences first-hand, which contributes to lifelong learning in the areas of literacy, language, maths, science and sustainability to name a few.” – Maryanne Blanch, Educational Leader, Californian Gully Kindergarten
The Kitchen Garden Program for Early Childhood offers educators a comprehensive package of educational resources and support, including:
- the 10 program fundamentals for delivering a best-practice Stephanie Alexander Kitchen Garden Program
- the Shared Table, an active online community with an extensive library of teaching resources, recipes, information sheets, videos and templates
- visual recipes in a variety of formats to engage children in cooking experiences
- examples, case studies and resources for innovative approaches to cooking and gardening in a play-based learning environment
- a workbook series, including guidance on starting points for your kitchen garden and progress towards achieving a best-practice kitchen garden program
- comprehensive outcomes table, developed to help build and integrate your kitchen garden program with current EYLF and NQS learning objectives
- our friendly, experienced Support Team, who are available to offer guidance and advice on all aspects of your kitchen garden program
- professional development days are offered to the early childhood sector, these sessions are an additional cost outside of membership fees.
The Kitchen Garden Program for Early Childhood supports the implementation of the Australian Children’s Education & Care Quality Authority (ACECQA) National Quality Standard (NQS) and links pleasurable food education to outcomes of the Early Years Learning Framework.
Hungry to get started?
Become a member today and join a community of early childhood educators and service providers teaching children how to grow, harvest, prepare and share fresh, seasonal, delicious food.
1-year membership $330
1-year membership renewal $165
For information or support with your program, contact our Support Team on 13000 SAKGF (13000 72543) or email@example.com